Performs laboratory testing of patient specimens in one or more sections of the laboratory. May mentor students and/or new hires.
1. Performs examination of specimens. Interprets, documents and reports test results.
2. Performs quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
3. Verifies analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity and references ranges for test methods.
4. Serves as a resource to laboratory staff and other clinical staff as needed.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Education: As required by Florida state licensure.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: Florida State Licensed as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist with qualification in the area of responsibility. Certification as a Medical Technologist (MT) or as a Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS).
Experience in a hospital laboratory is desirable.
Memorial Hospital Pembroke joined Memorial Healthcare System in 1995, adding 301 licensed beds and a wide range of clinical expertise to the system. New facilities and programs continue to be added, providing a wide scope of services such as:
• Bariatric/Weight-Loss Surgery Program
• Emergency Department
• Medical and Surgical Services
• Radiology and Imaging Services
• Memorial Ventilator Program
• New Vision Medical Stabilization
• Sleep Disorder and Sleep Study Center
• Urgent Care Center
• Center for Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine
• Canadian Program
The Joint Commission has ranked Memorial Hospital Pembroke as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures, and the hospital has received the Get With the Guidelines Gold Plus Award for Stroke by the American Heart Association and the American Stroke Association. Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.