Loma Linda University Faculty Medical Group, Department of Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery is seeking a Physician Assistant to join our team.
This opportunity includes 1st or 2nd assistant for all cardiac and thoracic surgical procedures (both adult and pediatric), wound closures, suturing, and pre/postoperative management of ICU patients with all cardiac and thoracic disorders.
This will include balloon and chest tube insertion/removal and management. Patients will include those undergoing heart transplantation or requiring mechanical assist devices. Experience with harvesting saphenous vein grafts, harvesting radial arteries, and endoscopic vein harvesting is preferred but not required.
Specific Job Duties:
- Regular work hours are Monday through Friday
- Overnight call during the week
- Weekend call will be a minimum of one weekend per month
- Must be certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (PA-C)
- Must maintain BLS and ACLS certification
- Must be licensed by the California State Physician Assistant Board
- Will be a part of quality assurance conferences
- Will participate in the outpatient care clinics, including pre and postoperative consultation and care
- Under the supervision of the attending, will admit and discharge cardiac and thoracic patients
- Will be available for call coverage, cardiac and thoracic surgery consults, and emergency procedures
- Will participate in teaching, giving lectures, and/or educating nursing, other allied health professionals, or students
- May be required to complete and maintain CITI training
This position will include competitive salary based on academic rank and a comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental, CME, relocation assistance and paid malpractice insurance.
Loma Linda University Faculty Medical Group is affiliated with Loma Linda University Medical Center, Children’s Hospital and School of Medicine, with the mission to deliver whole-person care at a world-class level of clinical excellence. The Medical Center serves as the largest tertiary referral source in both Riverside and San Bernardino counties with a surrounding population approaching 4 million.
For over 100 years, Loma Linda University Health has been dedicated to excellence in health care, research, and education. Today we are building a new hospital and expanding our children’s hospital to continue meeting the health needs of our community. The new towers will be state-of-the-art, allowing for the newest advances in technology and patient care. We are also greatly expanding and enhancing our already robust research enterprise through a new collaborative research center and program endowments.
About the area
Loma Linda University is located between Los Angeles and Palm Springs in an area known as the Inland Empire. Nestled at the foot of the San Bernardino mountains, we have convenient access to beach cities, skiing hiking and a variety of other outdoor activities. This region also has excellent private and public school systems.
This opportunity is not eligible for a J1 Waiver.