Manager of Nursing Wound Care Center
Houston Methodist Baytown Hospital
At Houston Methodist, the Manager Nursing position is responsible for 24-hour comprehensive operational responsibility for the delivery and quality of patient care provided in the designated areas(s) of responsibility. This registered nurse position fosters interdepartmental/interprofessional collaboration. The Manager, Nursing position participates in committees, representing unit and Nursing in a positive manner.The position assists with developing and implementing performance initiatives, ensuring optimal patient safety, outcomes and customer satisfaction. This position demonstrates leadership qualities and critical thinking through self-direction, initiative, effective interpersonal skills and oral/written communications skills.
The manager position responsibilities include managing the daily work activities of the work unit/department staff, ensuring quality, productivity, functional excellence and efficiency while assisting management in accomplishing strategic and operational objectives. In addition, this position provides guidance to staff and is responsible for staffing, budget compliance, contributing to staffing decisions such as hiring and terminating employment, coaching and counseling employees on work related performance, and assisting in the development and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure a safe and effective work environment. This position also implements training, monitoring and operations initiatives that secure compliance with ethical and legal business practices and accreditation/regulatory/ government regulations.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing.
- Three years' experience in nursing, one year in a progressive leadership role in healthcare; for HM internal, two years' experience in nursing which includes HM performance that demonstrates leadership abilities, i.e. charge nurse responsibilities.
- Texas RN license or temporary TX RN license, should obtain permanent license within 90 days.
- Compact license acceptable according to current Board of Nursing requirements.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Other credentials and certifications as defined by unit/service line.
- American Nursing Credentialing Center (ANCC)-recognized certification within one year of eligibility; HMH - ANCC- recognized leadership certification within one year of eligibility
- Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations.
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
- Ability to effectively communicate through a variety of channels with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles; engages the recipient(s) and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with others in a way that gives them confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization.
- Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; modifying one's own behavior to accommodate tasks, situations and individuals involved.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities and critical thinking through self-direction initiative and effective interpersonal skills and oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities, comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability in the workplace.
- Demonstrates problem solving skills to include investigation, identification of cause(s) and development of corrective action.
For more information and to apply, please click apply.
Houston Methodist Baytown Hospital, located 35 miles east of downtown Houston, is the area’s only full-service hospital offering specialized medical care for patients at every stage in life. There are two medical office buildings adjacent to the hospital with physician offices and clinics. Houston Methodist is bringing excellence and quality care to East Harris and surrounding counties.
About Nursing at Houston Methodist
At Houston Methodist, nurses develop their skills through a wide range of educational programs, collaborate with physicians to provide the best care and build upon a world-class reputation for excellence in patient care, education and research. We hold ourselves — and the careers we build — to a higher standard. Our growing, inclusive health care system offers:
- Superior practice settings
- High nurse-to-patient ratios
- High safety standards
- Professional development & nursing education
- Meaningful collaboration with physicians
- Unparalleled support
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer inclusive of female, minority, disability and veterans.
Location/Region: Baytown, TX